Morgan Rock Signs with Mesabi Range Volleyball

Back to Article
Back to Article

Morgan Rock signs her letter of intent next to her varsity coach, Darla Lahti.

Lilly Tapani

Lilly Tapani

Lilly Tapani

Rylee Nicoletti, Co-Editor-In-Chief

On Tuesday, April 2nd, Morgan Rock, a senior from South Shore High school in Port Wing, WI signed her NJCAA Letter of Intent to play volleyball for Mesabi Range College located in Virginia, MN. Morgan will be playing as a Defensive Specialist for Mesabi. Morgan has been playing volleyball ever since the fifth grade at South Shore. From middle school up to her freshman year, Morgan was a setter for the Cardinals. Her sophomore year she switched to an outside hitter, making her able to play all around the court. Morgan was a varsity starter every year of high school and lettered all four years. Her senior year Morgan won an Honorable Mention All-Conference award and helped her team get past the first round of Regionals in 8 years. This year she also joined the Minnesota North Volleyball Club based out of Duluth, MN. Here she is apart of an 18-3’s team and plays in tournaments almost every week. Morgan will be starting practice on August 8th and is currently enrolled in their nationally accredited Graphic Design Media Program for the Fall of 2019. Morgan comments on this achievement, “I am so excited to continue my volleyball career at the next level. The college has a great Graphic Design Media program and Mesabi’s coach and everyone there are incredibly nice and welcoming. I have always had a deeper passion for volleyball and playing in college has always been a dream of mine, so it’s just amazing that I got this opportunity. I am beyond grateful to my coaches, teammates, and family that have supported me throughout all my years of playing volleyball.” Congrats to Morgan Rock on her commitment and good luck at Mesabi!