Pocoho News

• Picture Retake Day is November 7th!

• Parent- Teacher conferences will be held on November 8th. There will also be the Harvest Dinner!

• Pink Out Night raised $3,118.69. Thank you everyone who donated!

Sipsas & Nicoletti Combine for 48 To Beat Trollers

Chloe+Sipsas+drives+through+three+defenders+for+the+bucket.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Chloe Sipsas drives through three defenders for the bucket.

Bjorn Branham

Bjorn Branham

Bjorn Branham

Morgan Rock, Co-Editor-In-Chief

On Nov. 27th the Lady Cardinals traveled to Bayfield for their third game of the season against their great rival. Just like any sport, basketball teams can completely be altered with the coming season. Seniors leave and sometimes the dynamic of the team changes and sometimes it continues. The Cardinals, for the most part, have kept the pace from the following year. However, they lost two post players, Heather Ranta and Signe Branham. Both these graduated athletes put up good numbers for the Cardinals and often gave them a height advantage. For the Bayfield Trollers, they lost quite a few huge scoring threats. One of these main scoring threats being Lindsay Bressette, a 1st team and player of the year athlete. This year’s team is quite young and the Cardinals weren’t quite sure what to expect. Nonetheless, Bayfield has always been tough competition for South Shore and the win was important.

The game started at 6:30 p.m. due to the postponement of the South Shore J.V. season. Chloe Sipsas won the tip-off for South Shore tipping the ball to Taylor Nicoletti for a sharp pass to her sister, Rylee Nicoletti who then drove to the basket to score a lay-up and get the foul call. She then sank her free throw putting the Cardinals up by three right away. Throughout the rest of the game, Bayfield shot very well, nearly 80% from the field. However, South Shore played some aggressive defense getting plenty of steals and stops. A lot of their scoring was due to their proficient defense. Rylee Nicoletti and Chloe Sipsas were dominant on the court, scoring on many fast breaks and drives to the basket. For Bayfield, Leala Birkholz-LaPointe shot 100% from behind the arc, making five three-pointers. Janelle Gordon also sunk a few threes herself. The Cardinals remained ahead for the whole first half, up 38-29.

The second half was more of the same story. The Trollers continued their incredible field goal percentage, but the Cardinals’ defense was too much for them. South Shore also had a significant height advantage, assisting their good defense and scoring. Bayfield’s shooting proved to not be enough and the Cardinals remained on top by at least five points throughout the whole second half. South Shore sealed Bayfield’s fate winning 65-51.

Senior Rylee Nicoletti and sophomore Chloe Sipsas owned the floor for South Shore combining for 48 of the 65 points. Chloe Sipsas had 29 points, 5 steals, 4 rebounds, and one assist and block. Rylee Nicoletti came in second with 19 points, 9 steals, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists. Aurora Grant, Taylor Nicoletti, and Sara Kangas all chipped in 4 points. Tiiara Lahti made three free throws and Natalie Knaack got two points. Overall the Cardinals are showing some strong advances and we cannot wait to see what the season brings them.

Morgan Rock, Co-Editor In-Chief

Morgan Rock is a senior at South Shore High School. She lives in Tripp, WI with her parents Debi and Terry. Morgan is involved in various sports such as...

Bjorn Branham, Reporter

My name is Bjorn Branham, I am a Junior at South Shore High School. I enjoy playing basketball and baseball. In my free time, I enjoy working out and photography....

• Sipsas & Nicoletti Combine for 48 To Beat Trollers

Community

Global X Kick Off

Showcase

Carter Lulich Drops 49 in MSBBB Game

Arts & Entertainment

The Show Must Go On

Showcase

Cardinals Power Past Lake Holcombe For Their First Win

Arts & Entertainment

Tri-State Honors Band

Showcase

High School Girls Basketball Starts

Showcase

New Season, New Changes

News

Outdoor Learning Work Day

Showcase

Wrapping Up the Season

Community

Busy Day for South Shore!

The student news site of South Shore School District