Pocoho News

• Picture Retake Day is November 7th!

• Parent- Teacher conferences will be held on November 8th. There will also be the Harvest Dinner!

• Pink Out Night raised $3,118.69. Thank you everyone who donated!

Busy Day for South Shore!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Busy Day for South Shore!

Jessica Johnson and Carter Lulich enjoying their meals at the P.T.O. Harvest Dinner.

Anitra Kaczmarski

Anitra Kaczmarski

Anitra Kaczmarski

Morgan Rock, Co-Editor-In-Chief

On Thursday, November 8th, it was quite eventful at South Shore for it being 1 pm early release. To support our anti-bullying policy, students and staff wore red, the supporting color of the cause. The red outfits were also to acknowledge the engaged work the students and faculty have been participating in weekly. Every Monday, each class holds a meeting with their advisors. These meetings often consist of discussing the rules and definition of bullying. The students can engage in a vigorous conversation of whatever topic of bullying they would like. They can address issues they may have if the students feel they can fix anything, and most of all,  thoroughly understanding how to prevent it and help others. Before lunch, the whole school gathered for a group photo in their anti-bullying red outfits. Yet again showing our school as united and not divided.

Although many students got to go home after lunch, the teachers stayed for a night of parent-teacher conferences. The parents weren’t the only ones to gather at the school that night, however. In between conference times, the P.T.O hosted their annual Harvest Dinner, from 4:30 pm to 6:45 pm at the South Shore School. They worked hard to prepare a marvelous display of food for the community and anyone who wished to come. The menu consisted of ham, meatballs in gravy, mashed potatoes, squash, vegetables, rolls, apple crisp, coffee, and punch. Most of these dishes were locally grown and harvested as well. The P.T.O also asked for non-perishable food donations for Thanksgiving bags for the Food Shelf. The elementary students even drew their very own harvest-themed place-mats for dinner. Everyone gathered in the commons to enjoy the wonderful meal and to support the P.T.O. They ended up serving over 200 people that evening! For the night closer, the Cardinal Choir put on an excellent performance in front of the crowd, directed by Nikki Hudacheck-Kavajecz. The group consisted of elementary and middle school choir students.

Thank you to everyone that supported our bullying prevention day, came all the way to the school for parent-teacher conferences, and supported the P.T.O’s Harvest Dinner.

Morgan Rock, Co-Editor In-Chief

Morgan Rock is a senior at South Shore High School. She lives in Tripp, WI with her parents Debi and Terry. Morgan is involved in various sports such as...

• Busy Day for South Shore!

Community

Global X Kick Off

• Busy Day for South Shore!

Showcase

Carter Lulich Drops 49 in MSBBB Game

• Busy Day for South Shore!

Showcase

Sipsas & Nicoletti Combine for 48 To Beat Trollers

• Busy Day for South Shore!

Arts & Entertainment

The Show Must Go On

• Busy Day for South Shore!

Showcase

Cardinals Power Past Lake Holcombe For Their First Win

• Busy Day for South Shore!

Arts & Entertainment

Tri-State Honors Band

• Busy Day for South Shore!

Showcase

High School Girls Basketball Starts

• Busy Day for South Shore!

Showcase

New Season, New Changes

• Busy Day for South Shore!

News

Outdoor Learning Work Day

• Busy Day for South Shore!

Showcase

Wrapping Up the Season

The student news site of South Shore School District
Busy Day for South Shore!