Pocoho News

• Graduation is Saturday, May 26, at 1:00 in the high school gymnasium. Don't miss out on a great opportunity to wish the seniors good luck!

• Congratulations to the boys track team on their conference championship! Way to go!

• Softball gets their first win of the season! Congratulations to the Cardinals on their 2nd game 9-7 victory over the Granite Diggers!

The Big Reveal

The 3rd & 4th grade were invited to participate in the reveal of Apostle Islands Quarter

Erica Suo

Erica Suo

Erica Suo

Our very fortunate 3rd, 4th and 5th graders were invited to attend the ceremony to launch the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Quarter on Wednesday, April 11th at Legendary Waters Resort.  The quarter is the 42nd coin to be released in the United States Mint’s “America the Beautiful” Quarters Program. The former mayor of Bayfield Larry MacDonald served as master of ceremonies. The Ojibwe Blessing opened the event followed by the Red Cliff VFW presenting the colors, the Sea Scouts leading the Pledge of Allegiance, the Bayfield High School Choir singing the National Anthem and the Wiigiwaam Express Red Cliff Youth Drum Group performing the Flag and Veterans’ Song.  Red Cliff Elder Henry Buffalo spoke about the history of the Ojibwe people and the connections to the design of the coin. Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Superintendent Bob Krumenaker spoke about the park’s rich history and the relationship between the different organizations. A representative from the United States Mint spoke about the coin and introduced its designer, Richard Masters.  After the ceremony, each student was given a shiny new Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Quarter. Our students and teachers were thankful to participate in this important historical event.

• The Big Reveal

News

Yours Truly, Ripley

• The Big Reveal

News

Young At Heart

• The Big Reveal

News

3rd & 4th grade get a visit from Senator Janet Bewley

• The Big Reveal

News

Always Improving: Weight Room Gets Another Upgrade

• The Big Reveal

Showcase

South Shore Sends Another Participant to the Border Battle

• Showcase

5&6 Home Tournament

• The Big Reveal

Showcase

Lady Cardinals Defeat Luck & Advance in Regionals

• The Big Reveal

Showcase

Girl’s Basketball Beats Butternut in Second-to-Last Conference Game

• The Big Reveal

Showcase

Cardinals Crush LumberJills on Parents Night

• The Big Reveal

Showcase

Another Senior Hits 1,000!

The student news site of South Shore School District
The Big Reveal