Pocoho News

• Picture Retake Day is November 7th!

• Parent- Teacher conferences will be held on November 8th. There will also be the Harvest Dinner!

• Pink Out Night raised $3,118.69. Thank you everyone who donated!

The Big Reveal

The 3rd & 4th grade were invited to participate in the reveal of Apostle Islands Quarter

Erica Suo

Erica Suo

Erica Suo

Our very fortunate 3rd, 4th and 5th graders were invited to attend the ceremony to launch the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Quarter on Wednesday, April 11th at Legendary Waters Resort.  The quarter is the 42nd coin to be released in the United States Mint’s “America the Beautiful” Quarters Program. The former mayor of Bayfield Larry MacDonald served as master of ceremonies. The Ojibwe Blessing opened the event followed by the Red Cliff VFW presenting the colors, the Sea Scouts leading the Pledge of Allegiance, the Bayfield High School Choir singing the National Anthem and the Wiigiwaam Express Red Cliff Youth Drum Group performing the Flag and Veterans’ Song.  Red Cliff Elder Henry Buffalo spoke about the history of the Ojibwe people and the connections to the design of the coin. Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Superintendent Bob Krumenaker spoke about the park’s rich history and the relationship between the different organizations. A representative from the United States Mint spoke about the coin and introduced its designer, Richard Masters.  After the ceremony, each student was given a shiny new Apostle Islands National Lakeshore Quarter. Our students and teachers were thankful to participate in this important historical event.

• The Big Reveal

Showcase

State Horse Expo

• The Big Reveal

Showcase

Creativity & Yearbook

• Showcase

History Adventures on the Brule

• The Big Reveal

Check This Out!

Saint Scholastica Steel Drums

• The Big Reveal

Showcase

Rain Garden, Bird and Butterfly Habitat Work Day

• The Big Reveal

Showcase

Back In Pink

• Check This Out!

Free Admission to Regular Season Home Athletic Events!

• The Big Reveal

Showcase

Cardinals Sweep Midgets for Parents Night

• The Big Reveal

Showcase

Welcome Back, South Shore’s New & Improved

• The Big Reveal

News

Yours Truly, Ripley

The student news site of South Shore School District
The Big Reveal