Work, Work, Work, Work, Work, Work

Rylee Nicoletti

Rylee Nicoletti, Master of Marketing

As we round the corner for the halfway point of the school year, teachers and students are rushing to get meet obligations – assignments, projects or grading. The quarter ends on Friday the 19th, and grades are due Wednesday morning. This is a short time frame for students to finish missing work and tests. With this deadline, the yearbook printing date – April – looms even closer. Therefore, the staff is working extra hard this weekend, convincing Ms. Ripley to spend the night with them which will allow the team, who is normally not together throughout the school day, some much needed together time.  “The student’s dedication never ceases to amaze me.  They start out with 200 blank pages at the beginning of the year and as a team, they have to come up with a theme, take and edit photos, write stories, design pages and meet their social media responsibilities.  This class is only for the toughest of the tough academically.  I am very lucky to have such a willing, dedicated group of student designers!”

On Friday, the staff has solidified plans to have a sleepover. During these long, hard hours at the school, they work on pages, collaborate on stories and figure out deadlines and missing assignments. They also get opinions and confirm facts with other staff members and students. Mr. Tiberg and Mr. Bailey are common visitors during this event. Heather Ranta, a senior editor, has stayed over at the school multiple times before this and finds this time very helpful to the project. “Yearbook sleepovers are not only fun, but they are also very productive. We spend time working until we cannot work anymore and then when it is time for a break, we watch movies and snack.”

The team is very thankful for the opportunity and hopes to use it to create a fantastic yearbook for the school and community. Be sure to get your yearbook. They are on sale for $40 during this time and are available for preorder. After April 1st, the price jumps to $62, which is what it costs to produce each book.  Make sure to get yours today!